MacLeod, principal at MacLeod Law Firm, and two workshop co-leaders will discuss how employers can work effectively with disabled employees (with non-occupational injuries) with solid HR disability management practices.
Topics to be discussed at the workshop will include:
- What is a disability within the meaning of the Human Rights Code and what is the duty to accommodate;
- Why having an attendance and sick leave policy and standardizing processes is key to managing absence successfully;
- Who the key stakeholders are for each aspect and identifying their roles and responsibilities;
- What elements need to be included in accommodation plans;
- How to work with all parties collaboratively and facilitate a successful return to work;
- How to successfully separate medical issues from performance-related matters.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. – noon, at the ESS Direct & Suite Success, 411 Huronia Rd., Unit 5 in Barrie.
For more information or to register, click here.