We help employers avoid legal fires, and extinguish any legal fires that do break out.
I have decided to expand the MacLeod Law Firm and offer our services to more employers. Since I don’t have a marketing background, I hired a marketing consultant as I subscribe to the “I don’t know what I don’t know” school of thought.
This consultant interviewed a number of our clients to identify the strengths of our firm so he could create a value proposition which differentiates us from our competitors.
The feedback he received included the following observations:
- We are competent so our clients have a high comfort level in us.
- Since we provide our personal cell phone numbers to clients and we answer our phones directly we are very accessible.
- Because we are competent, we can respond to questions or provide advice very quickly. Being accessible and responsive sometimes results in legal issues being resolved in real time before the issues escalate. This allows our clients to get a legal issue off their desk and get back to business.
- Instead of giving technical legal advice we make a point of getting to know our clients business’ so our advice makes business sense.
- Clients also noted that we are not intimidating. Several clients described us as “down to earth” and noted that we don’t talk like lawyers. We were also described as honorable, caring and our fees are fair.
Our Value Proposition
Out of this client feedback came the following value proposition:
We give an employer confidence and peace of mind because we quickly and competently deal with workplace issues in a way that makes business sense.
We understand that every client has unique legal needs and each client has a different legal risk tolerance. We get to know our clients and their businesses so the advice we give makes business sense. For a more detailed explanation, click here.
Thank you to our existing clients for entrusting us with your employment law issues.
For those readers who have not used the MacLeod Law Firm and want to know how we can help your organization, please call me at your convenience.
For the past 25 years, Doug MacLeod of the MacLeod Law Firm has been advising and representing employers. If you have any questions, you can contact him at 416 317-9894 or at [email protected]
I have written many blogs on the legal enforceability of employment contracts because judges are increasingly refusing to enforce them and I want employers to be live to this issue. Employers should assume that changes to employment contracts that benefit the...
This case is a head scratcher. The Facts Canaan Construction Inc. employed Chris Rutledge (“Mr. Rutledge”) as an apprentice in the construction industry. There was no dispute that Mr. Rutledge worked as a construction employee in the construction industry. The...
The Facts A 23 year old woman was born with a physical disability. As a result, she uses forearm crutches to mobilize which helps her with stability. One day she planned to meet some friends at a restaurant. When she arrived, she asked a server to use the washroom...